Thursday, September 3, 2009

my birthday: georgia style.


I had a fantastic birthday celebration on Wednesday. The weather was amazing and for the first time in my life, it felt like my birthday was in fall. Not even kidding people... we had brunch outside and I wore jeans and a cardigan. I know that outfit combo is no surprise to people who know me (in fact, I'm wearing jeans and another cardigan right this minute) but the fact that I wore that to sit outside and still felt a bit of a chill in the breeze was magical.

Is anyone sick of me raving about the weather here? I make no apologies. You people need to hear how awesome it is.

Okay, back to the birthday.... After our outdoor brunch we took a stroll to Starbucks so that I could enjoy my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. I usually have a pretty strict rule that I won't drink one until October, but I made an exception because 1. duh, it was my birthday and 2. it felt like October in Texas

In the afternoon we enjoyed my first birthday cupcake of the day (I had two... and yes, Kyle sang both times). I am officially a huge fan of CamiCakes Cupcakes. We're picking up some more today! I even got to open some thoughtful gifts from my parents, Kim & Scott and Grammy.

Dinner was at Pappasito's (is anyone surprised by that?) and then it was back home for cupcake number two. You may notice some very cheery, very pink flowers in the picture with cupcake number two... those were waiting on our doorstep when we got home from dinner. Thanks Jenn! They are beautiful!!



(I made a collage because I was mildly embarrassed by how many pictures featured nothing but my face. I'm not sure how much this helped haha)

Kyle did a wonderful job of making my birthday extra special. He also did a good job of taking lots of pictures to show to our family. He's a pretty great catch and puts up with my ridiculousness (I double checked... that is a real word) The picture up above with the coffee and the newspaper... I actually told the poor boy to "Take my picture! I look SO city!" (what does that even mean?!) After 7 1/2 years together, he didn't even comment on what a very strange request that was, just picked up the camera and took my picture.

I am sitting on my couch anxiously awaiting my parents arrival. That's right, we're doing more birthday celebrating! My parents should be landing shortly and Jenn and Jason will be here tonight. I am pretty much planning the weekend based around all of us eating at delicious restaurants. We will also be doing a little wedding dress shopping. And of course, you can't have out of town company without a little trip to the Georgia Aquarium.

Hope you all have wonderful holiday weekends. Stay safe! Be back on Monday with a recap of my 3rd birthday celebration!










1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how many times I BEG my husband to let us move somewhere that actually has seasons! Keep saying great things about georgia and I will read them to him in hopes that we can someday. haha. I know I would just miss living here.. but seriously, seasons would be nice.

    Oh and I laughed out loud when I read that about the jeans and the cardigan, I am wearing that oufit now.. and was hot outside, but I just can't stand it, I want it to be fall! haha :)

    ReplyDelete