Thursday, August 12, 2010

poor excuse.

I have no excuse for my lack of blogging except for this one: 

I. am. tired. 

The first two weeks of preschool have taken everything out of me. Week 1 was tiring because it was my first week in a new school and there was lots to learn and LOTS to do. Week 2 was even more tiring because the teacher that I work with was unexpectedly gone all week. I was thrown into a sea of bitty toddlers with very little direction. I  had more than a few minutes of feeling completely overwhelmed but did my best to draw on what I learned from similar student teaching experiences (I had more than my fair share of challenging moments while student teaching). It is hard to take charge and run the show when you are still figuring out where to find things in the school and you haven't quite mastered the class schedule. On top of that, I have been battling a cold all week. 

Last night I felt the exhaustion hit me so hard that I tucked myself in bed at 7:55. I am pretty sure I was asleep before 8:00 hit.

Tomorrow is inservice day and I am thankful to have a little break from my munchkins. I love them to bits, but this girl is worn out!

Thoughts of a fun Saturday are getting me through the week. I am off to a sewing class and following that fun will be a facial at the spa.... pure bliss! 

The rest of the weekend will be spent packing because we leave for Texas on Tuesday! That's right folks, it's almost wedding week! My big sister is getting married in 1 week and 1 day.... can't believe it's finally here! I have finished the first draft of my toast and am beyond excited for a week filled with celebrating. 

Hope you are all enjoying your weeks. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!! I will do my best to have something a little more interesting to share next time. Until then, I will be catching up on all of YOUR blogs and hopefully squeezing in a few more hours of sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a nice, relaxing, rejuvenating day tomorrow!! I think you have more than earned it!!

    GOOD LUCK with your packing!! Texas is ready to welcome you with open arms :)

    ReplyDelete