Sunday, August 15, 2010

weekend in review.

Kyle and I have had such a nice, relaxing weekend. 

I had an inservice at school on Friday and it was nice to have a day to work on our classroom without little hands getting into everything! I was also able to get to know my co-teacher a little bit better and I am so thankful that we are getting along great! Our room is looking adorable and is all set for the official first day of school tomorrow. 

Friday night Kyle and I got all spiffied up and headed out to try a new restaurant. We had dinner at Parker's on Ponce and then enjoyed walking around the Decatur town square. It was such a cute part of town and we are looking forward to going back when the weather cools down and we can enjoy dinner on the patio. 

On Saturday I had my first sewing class! My parents gave me a sewing machine about  month ago as an early birthday present. The store where I purchased it included a free intro class and it was so much fun! There were four other women in my class and we learned so much about embroidery. I still have a lot to learn about actually sewing and am hoping to take another class there soon. 

Here is my beautiful Baby Lock machine (and my notebook from class... I took LOTS of notes!)


After sewing class I enjoyed a blissful few hours at the spa getting a facial. It was so relaxing and the steam portion even helped clear up my congestion... a win-win!

Last, but certainly not least, my momma's birthday was this weekend! I am so sad that I didn't get to celebrate with her, but we spoiled her from afar and I will get to see her in 2 days! Happy, happy birthday to my amazing mom!


Hope the weekend was great for all of you!

1 comment:

  1. so fun!! im glad you are loving your new machine! it looks AWESOME! i wish mine had embroidery capabilities - you are going to be able to do so much with it!

    ReplyDelete