Thursday, March 10, 2011

thankful thursday.

Just a few things I am thankful for on this cold and rainy Thursday...
  • Next week is spring break for A&M so I have a little break from school (except for one class which is ignoring the week off!)
  • Our upcoming trip to Texas, we leave next Friday!
  • A long phone chat I had with my sister the other day. She is my favorite girl in the world. 
  • This Lenten season. I love this season in the liturgical year. I am already looking forward to mass on Easter. 
  • Kyle's upcoming birthday. He'll be 25 and I know that he is going to love the presents I have for him!
  • The Blue Bell ice cream that is currently in my freezer (although I am trying to show some restraint!)
  • Tucker's great recovery! We probably still have another few months before he is completely healed but the surgeons couldn't be happier with how he is doing!
  • Comfort foods. My grandma makes the most incredible shrimp gumbo and I made my first pot yesterday. Our apartment smelled just like her house while it was on the stove and I think she would have been proud of how well it turned out!
  • My LeCrueset dutch oven that makes it easy for me to make giant pots of Grammy's gumbo and my favorite corn chowder. 
  • The delicious southwest chicken salad we are going to have for dinner tonight. 
  • This weekend's forecast, sunny and cool. We plan on spending a lot of time at the park. 
I hope you are all having wonderful Thursdays and giving thanks for the big and little joys in your life!


3 comments:

  1. I love having a day where everything is just so bright! Hooray!

    SO happy Tucker is doing so well- sweet pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! SO sweet, just like you! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete