Friday, June 26, 2009

Our humble abode...

While Kyle and I were planning the wedding, I also had the fabulously fun task of picking out new furniture and accessories for our apartment. I'm always up for some shopping and decorating so I was very excited about my task. I found a kitchen table that we loved months before the wedding, we picked out a great set of bedroom furniture and perfect sofa on my last visit here before the big move and last week stumbled upon a perfect desk for the grad student himself. Finding a coffee table was not such an easy task... 

Our living room, dining room and Kyle's computer 'study' are one big space. All of the furniture we have in there is black (except for our beautiful red couch) so we were sure we could easily find the perfect black coffee table. We had four criteria: storage, no glass, a reasonable price, and most importantly that it would look great with everything else (that last one was more important to one of us than the other!). I looked everywhere to find something . I have been on every furniture website known to man and we ventured to countless furniture stores here in town, all to no avail. I even took one solo trip to a furniture store on the wrong side of town. Of course, I didn't realize it was a bad part of town until I had driven 20 minutes from home and ended up too nervous to even get out of the car. Needless to say, I spent a lot of much time trying to find something that we would both like. My sister has taught me to be a pro at finding great things on the internet and I was starting to doubt my searching skills :)Well ladies and gentlemen, we found one today! It has everything we were looking for and the price was great! We bought it from a great family owned furniture store outside of Atlanta and were even able to fit it in Kyle's car and bring it home today. Kyle's desk gets delivered tomorrow and then our apartment will be completely furnished and I can focus on the much more enjoyable task of decorating! I am very excited with our fabulous find and even happier that I no longer have to spend my evenings searching the internet for the perfect fit.

I don't have any pictures of our beautiful new table, but will take some after the desk delivery tomorrow. For now, here are some pictures of our bedroom so far. I still want to hang a few more things on the walls... I'm keeping my eyes out for curtains and need something over our bed. So far I am loving it, just needs a few finishing touches. Enjoy!


the view from the doorway

the hallway leads to our enormous closet and the laundry room

lots of drawer space was a necessity :)



I don't spend much time at my desk right now, but it looks out into the courtyard of our complex

Enjoy your Friday night! We just got back from a little walk which may or may not have included a trip to the Marble Slab by campus.... Now it's time to enjoy my new furniture and relax with the People magazine that came in the mail today!
 
ps-thanks to my folks, Jenn and Leanna for reading :)

5 comments:

  1. Way to be patient till the perfect coffee table was found, and for not getting out of the car when you didn't feel safe :). Looking forward to the next round of photos.-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm READING! :)

    I'm so happy for you that you're living in HOT-lanta! such a cool city. my husband Adrian was stationed in Augusta, GA for a few years and we had a lot of fun in atlanta! have you been to mellow mushroom pizza yet??

    your place looks awesome!

    congrats mrs. krueger. you guys are too cute.

    -heather (kelley) hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staphanie!!! Yay! You've crossed over to the blog world! I can't tell you how excited I am! I laughed out loud when I read the part about you not getting out of the car... I've done that before!! Scary! Thanks for deciding to blog so t & I can love yall from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new pics! Keep 'em coming! And did your walk to Marble Slab include a Kruerger Sing-Along to the Ghostrider song?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Sorry for spelling your last name incorrectly. I was just too excited about this blog and typing too quickly!

    ReplyDelete