Saturday, June 27, 2009

More apartment progress...

We had a pretty low-key day here in ATL. Kyle's desk arrived this afternoon so we spent most of the day sitting around and waiting for the big delivery. It looks great in the room and is a much bigger workspace than what he had before. He's a pretty hard workin fella so he deserves the extra space!

We are getting very excited about the rest of our summer! We spent June getting the apartment fixed up and enjoying finally being in the same place. It has been nice to have some time to relax and get settled but we are looking forward to all of our fun events coming up! We have a trip back home to Texas next week (SO excited to be back in the lonestar state for the 4th of July), I'm heading to DC for a sister weekend with Jenn (we'll be seeing Billy Joel and Elton John!), Kyle's brothers and a friend are coming to visit us in Atlanta, Kelsey is getting married at the end of July and then it's back to Texas for Troy and Ivy's wedding! I'm excited to get to spend some time with our family and friends. It should be a fun rest of the summer!

Thanks for all of the comments and letting me know you're reading! Posts are much more fun with pictures so here's a little peek at our kitchen. I know a certain mom is wanting to see the new coffee table and desk so hopefully I will get those up here tomorrow :)


View from the entryway (I don't even know if you can call it that in an apartment haha)



The canisters were a wedding gift and I love them (thanks Millers!!) 

I need a few more fun things to go on my little shelf. The chalkboard was last weekend's craft. I made it using chalkboard paint and a frame from Hobby Lobby.



I found the basket on sale at Hobby Lobby and we keep our placemats, napkins and napkin rings in it. The memo board is home to cards from friends and family and save the dates.

Have a great Saturday night!

1 comment:

  1. yay!! I am SO glad you found me on blogger! Your apt. is super cute, and it looks like you are lovin' this wife business just as much as me :) haha! I am glad y'all are getting to come back to Texas for the 4th, that will be so much fun! So glad you are on blogger, such a great/easy way to keep in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete