Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday Trinkets

When I decided to make my little blog I had one major criteria... I wanted it to be easy on the eyes :) I like to think that I am somewhat computer savvy (it helped growing up in a home with an electrical engineer), but I had zero knowledge of how to make a cute blog. This new header was my project for this afternoon. It isn't perfect and I will probably change it a million times as I figure out how to work everything, but I must say I am pretty proud of my efforts! This little blog is coming together bit by bit!

Besides this little project, I've been packing for our trip! Have I mentioned how excited I am? The only thing I am not looking forward to is the crazy Texas heat. The high in Atlanta today is around 92... I don't think the same can be said for Houston! 

I pulled out our catstudio glasses today to get us in the mood for Texas. If you've never seen their products before, you should check out the website here. My parents gave us four of their glasses (Texas, Georgia, Houston and Atlanta). We gave my sister one of their Texas pillows before her move to Virginia and I love our cute glasses. 

I don't know about everyone else, but my mom enjoys that I put a picture up with my posts. Even if no one else cares, it's worth it to keep my momma happy :) I thought she would especially enjoy this one... 

The Simar girls at my bridal luncheon

Last thing, congratulations to my friend Heather (Kelley) Hernandez on her new baby boy! Heather and I went to high school together and she was a great friend to me when I was a little freshman and she was a wise senior :) Congrats Heather and Adrian!

Thanks for reading and to any friends who have found me on here and have blogs, let me know so I can keep up with what's happening in all of your lives! Hope you are all having fantastic weeks!

6 comments:

  1. your header thing is awesome!! I NEED to know how you did that, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie!

    Saw you started a blog on Facebook and just wanted to say congratulations! I can't believe you guys are married and off in Atlanta, but I am so happy for the both of you! Welcome to blogging, it's a dangerous little addiction ;)

    Tell Kyle I said hi!

    Lauren (Bravenec) McKechnie


    PS, and Heather Kelly had her baby??! Good grief, we are all getting wayyy too old...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My baby girl is a bloggin' genius. I love today's edition. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night. Only thing better would be if you were coming tonight instead :). Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that every time I look at the blog, it is different. Your posts make me feel like you just came home from student teaching and told me all that happened that day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo so pretty! :) love it! are there any talks of a double date night reunion for this weekend?!?!

    i say there SHOULD DEF be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Stephanie!

    Thanks for the sweet "shout out" for our baby boy! We love him to pieces!

    Your blog looks too cute. I saw you were wanting to post pictures that get bigger when you click on them. Have you checked out Windows Live Writer??? I would download that in a heartbeat and blog using that program from now on!! It is SUPER easy and you can quickly customize your pics in the blog! Just a suggestion! :)

    So glad you're getting home soon! I haven't been to Texas since December!! I'm itching to get back!

    And um, I didn't realize that Jennifer lives in D.C. Adrian and I live 30 minutes from there!!!

    Anyhow, thanks again for the sweet congratulations! Take care!!

    -heather

    ReplyDelete