Monday, November 1, 2010

bff.

Two of my best friends came to Atlanta a few weekends back. Sara and I have been best friends for pretty much eternity and Meredith and I became fast friends our senior year of college. I am so thankful that not only am I lucky enough to call each of them friends, but that they get along so well. This was the second time the two of them have made the big trip to Atlanta and I do believe it is now an official tradition! 

Kyle and I picked the girls up Friday night and took them to one of our favorite local restaurants. After that we headed back to the apartment for some quality girl time. 

The weather on Saturday was perfect so we headed over to the cutest little outdoor shopping area in town. We did our fair share of browsing, shopping and enjoyed a yummy lunch on the patio of a local restaurant. It was such a fun afternoon and I wish these girls lived closer so we could spend more Saturdays just like that.


After a relaxing day around town, we got all dressed up and went to dinner at Two Urban Licks. It is one of the most unique restaurants I have ever been to and the girls both loved it! 


We finished the night off with a comedy show at The Laughing Skull Lounge


The girls didn't fly out until Sunday evening, so we packed as much fun into Sunday as we could! We started with a delicious lunch on the patio at another favorite local restaurant.


Mani-pedi's were next on the agenda.

After our relaxing time at the nail salon we picked up Tucker, grabbed some Starbucks and headed to Piedmont Park. We had a great time there, indulging in a few more heart-to-hearts, some people watching, and, of course, a few more photos!




I had the best time getting to spend the weekend with these two. Living away from family and friends can be so hard at times and traveling is incredibly expensive these days. It means the world to me that they put their lives on hold for three days, packed up their bags and bought some plane tickets to come to Georgia. I didn't even have to extend the formal invitation (it's hard to make people feel obligated to spend that kind of money on airfare), the two of them came to me and said they wanted to make the trip and I am so thankful that they did. I love these girls so very much and cannot wait until our next reunion... wherever it may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment