Tuesday, November 23, 2010

you may call me master.

Okay, well maybe you don't have to call me master. I suppose that might be odd. But in just 36 academic hours, you can if you want to!

Why, you ask? 

Because this girl is going back to school!

I was accepted to get a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Texas A&M and I will be starting in the spring. 

No, friends, I am not heading back to sweet College Station (Kyle would flip!). The College of Education at A&M has a great distance education program and I will be taking advantage of it and becoming an Aggie student once again. 

Don't feel out of the loop for not knowing that I had even applied. I kept it super, duper quiet and only Kyle, my parents, Jenn and Jason knew that I was applying. I thought it would be best on my heart to not share it with the world until I knew that it was a done deal. But I have received my acceptance letter and am registering for classes this week... so the deal is done!

I am so excited to go back to school. The education world isn't overflowing with jobs right now (is any field?!) but I know that it is where I am meant to be. I am thrilled that I can use this time to learn more about being a great teacher and know that it will be hugely beneficial to me in the future. 

Just wanted to share the news with all of you. Gig 'em Aggies!




4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! that is awesome!!! Go get em girl! I am so proud of you!!! You know what... this means you could even OPEN UP YOUR OWN DAY CARE... or become a principal! look at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Steph!!! I am so excited for you!!! Yet another thing to be thankful for during the holidays!
    Have a safe trip tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I soo wish I could go back to school. Not that I would have any time or need to go, but I miss learning and being a student.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Stephanie! You will be SO glad you got it!!!!

    ReplyDelete