Monday, November 22, 2010

catching up.

It's been a while since I have actually told all of you what has been going on in our little corner of the world, so let's do a little bullet recap! 

**disclaimer: this is the lamest recap ever. Apologies to anyone who makes it to the end!**
  • Our apartment is filled with Christmas cheer. I decided to decorate last week and am so glad to have all of my pretty decorations out on display! I know it's a little early, but we head to Texas in the middle of December and might be staying for quite a while (woohoo!) and I wanted to be able to enjoy my decorations for as long as possible.
  • I'll share pics of everything later, but here is a little preview of one of my favorite decorations

the cupcake elf!
  •  We are flying to Texas on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. We'll be in Houston Wednesday-Friday and enjoy 2 Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday. 
  • On Friday we are heading to El Paso with my parents. My brother-in-law, Jason, is from there and his parents are hosting a wedding reception/celebration for the happy couple. I am so excited to see where Jason grew up and have one more chance to celebrate Jenn and Jason. 
  • Because of our crazy travels, Tucker will be spending Thanksgiving at Camp Bow Wow with his furry friends. 
  • Kyle has been super busy with school. We are both very ready for this semester to be over with. He will take his last two classes in the spring and then it's all research, all the time (or so I've been told)
  • I have finished most of our Christmas shopping. I have a few things that I still need to order, but I am waiting until after Thanksgiving so we won't have packages sitting on our doorstep.
  • My Christmas cards are due to arrive today! I am crossing my fingers that they turned out great!
  • Kyle's parents came to visit a few weekends ago and we had a great time! I need to get the pictures from his dad and then I'll share with all of you. 
  • During their visit we took a trip to the dog park. A family showed up with free puppies and we came thisclose to bringing one home with us. Sadly our apartment is not big enough for two big dogs, otherwise I would be snuggling this little love bug right now....
I should never be allowed to hold puppies. Ever. I am way too weak against their cuteness. Kyle is not much stronger... we are a very dangerous combination!
  • Thanks to that little puppy, Kyle and I now have puppy fever. Someone please talk some sense into us and remind us that we do not need another dog... yet!
That's all I have for now, friends. Again, I apologize for the lack of interesting information in this post. Better luck next time :)



2 comments:

  1. I have no prob talking sense into you. :) You know how much I love my dog I am sure, but
    1. last summer my mom got us a pup and when I got her home and realized how much more she would cost etc I sold her.
    2. now that I have a baby- if I didn't love Jersey so much, I would get rid of him.

    One is more than enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I CANNOT talk sense into you re: another dog. Zach really believes that it's best for a dog's mental health to be with another canine. I already mentioned that they offer each other things we just can't provide. That being said, some dogs are just singular animals. They don't really want to be with others (Zach argues that these dogs are not as mentally healthy as dogs are pack animals and we cannot provide proper pack structure.) But since you take Tucker to obedience school and to places where he can socialize with other dogs, I'm pretty sure he'd be open to a friend.

    I can understand your hesitation because of the amount of space in an apartment, and TRUST me I get that since both of our dogs weigh over 35 pounds. It's a lot of body. I know you'll make a decision you're happy with. :)

    I hope you have a fantastic trip home and the airports aren't insanity. Aaand I hope you figure out what to pack. It was only 83 degrees today (gag gag gag!)... Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete