Wednesday, January 26, 2011

catching up.

Y'all... it is Wednesday and I am just now posting about our weekend. I started this post Sunday night but apparently time got away from me. Clearly I am still adjusting to my new schedule with classes. Anyways....

The last week has been less than exciting for our familia, which has been really nice. Kyle has started back to school and I'm trying to stay on top of my own assignments. I hate the feeling of having homework and papers hanging over my head so I am doing my best to stay ahead of the game. 

Our favorite weekend activity is taking a walk to our favorite park and letting Tucker play in the fenced-in dog park. We haven't been able to take him since before Thanksgiving because of surgery, our trip to Texas and then snowy weather. The three of us slept late on Saturday, had a yummy breakfast, and then headed to the park. 

It was a gorgeous day and Tucker had the time of his life running and playing with the other dogs! 


I know that whenever we leave Atlanta, this park is one of the things I will miss the very most. It's enormous and beautiful and we love spending our weekends there. 

After a fun time at the park, we lounged around, did our P90X workout of the day and then went out for sushi. It just so happens that right next to one of our favorite sushi restaurants is our favorite cupcake shop. We finished up at dinner about 10 minutes before the cupcake shop closed which was perfect timing... just before closing they sell whatever cupcakes are left for $1! There was only one kind left to choose from, but you can't beat that price for delicious cupcakes!

We picked up a few and headed home for cupcakes and our newest obsession, Damages.  We are halfway through season 2 and are addicted. 


In addition to our new love of Damages, we have taken up another hobby. I gave Kyle P90X for Christmas and have somehow been convinced to do the workout with him. We finished week one today. I think today is the first day where I haven't felt sore in every muscle in my body, so I guess I'm getting used to it. For as tired as it makes us, we sure better see some results!

In other news, my brother-in-law (the youngest of the Krueger boys) was recently accepted to veterinary school. We are all so excited for Taylor!! I know that he will be a phenomenal vet and Tucker is very excited about being his patient one day!

And lastly, Tucker has a check-up appointment with his ophthalmologist tomorrow. She will be checking his eye pressure to make sure his drops are doing their job and be sure we don't need to make any adjustments. If you think of us, say a little prayer for a good report! We had a little eye scare a few weeks ago and have adjusted his drops since then so we're hoping to hear that all is now well. 

Well friends, I have two reading responses left to write and a puppy who is begging for attention... until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment